fbpx
Select Page
 
Hi Friends!  It’s time to get cracking on Christmas!  Today I’m sharing this magical dragon card complete with princess, knight and fairy!  Be sure to stop by Jenn’s blog for more inspiration from my crafty friends!  This color combination was inspired by an image I saw on pinterest after suggestion from a crafty friend everydayengineered!  
 

To start, I cut a piece of heavy weight white cardstock to 8 inches by 3.5 inches.  Next, I used a large blending brush to add color about halfway down the card from top down. Catherine pooler inks used (top to bottom): juniper mist, all that jazz, be mine.  At the “tree line” I started to stencil in color using the following inks: sangria, flirty fuchsia and pixie dust.  The bottom potion was left white as well as a narrow space in between the tree line to create space for the tower.  Next, I used white pigment ink and cloudy stencil to create the cloudy background.  

Gina K glitz glitter gel in iridescent applied to the starry sky stencil at the top portion of card and it was left to dry.  

Images from the following sets were stamped using black copic friendly ink on white cardstock: a little sparkle, tiny fairytale, little dragon and winter dragon.  Images colored using the following copic colors:

Dragon: G03, BG23, BG53, BG10, YG00

Princess: E30, E23, E27, E49, RV00, RV02, RV09, Y13, Y15

Fairy: YG17, YG13, YG01, Y13, Y15, E30

Knight: C5, C3, C1, C0, E30, B00, B02

Images cut using coordinating dies and white gel pen used to add accents.

Build a castle die set used to cut the tower from ballet slipper cards stock and lightly stenciled the bricks using the left over ink on my blender brush.  I prefer the smaller bricks from the honey bee stencil perfect bricks, since it gives a more realistic look to the background tower.  

Next, I cut the blended background using “medium size” slimline die.  The outer frame was adhered to a slimline card base using liquid glue.  The center portion of the card was stamped using versamark ink and the sentiment from winter dragon stamp set.  The sentiment was then white heat embossed along with a few additional elements.  Next, using a craft knife, I cut a slit into the cloud line to tuck in the tower.  I also added a bit of V01 copic to draw a line from the tower down to my knight.  Foam tape was adhered to the center portion of the card and it was adhered to the center of my slimline card base.  

All the die cut images were adhered using foam tape and that completes the card!  

 

Check out the supply list with links below.  Please note, I do earn a small commission on purchases though the affiliate links.  Thanks for stopping by today!